Sunday, 7 August 2016

Friend Anything For You Except The Green Umbrella

It’s a foggy day and I am walking to somewhere all alone, carrying a green umbrella pendulum-like. Rain shower won’t stop me. The blinding whiteness won’t scare me. I check my watch, it assures me time is good.

Hearing footsteps following me, I try to hasten, only then I realise it is no one, but me. These gumboots I tell you. It is all very funny, but still I cannot take a chance to laugh aloud.

Never knew the fog could trick. The fresh green plants and giant trees that till now looked painting-like, now seem spooky.

Suddenly I hear fresh footsteps running from a direction towards me. Numbly I tell myself don’t move, still I turn and find someone in a funny raincoat running towards me. Then a voice, ‘Smarty pants give me back my umbrella, enough of this silly raincoat of yours’. It is my friend Marcia. I smile and say, ‘But you look good in it’.
We fight and then laughing aloud walk ahead together.

4 comments:

  1. I particularly liked the name Marcia. ;). And i could visualize the entire scene, could feel the jump in the steps,and could hear the mischevious giggles. :D. This one was so real. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! :-D Thanks Marcia! ;-) I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

A Grey Building

In sickness I lay staring out from the window. All I could see was a few small trees and one big grey building. Shades of black, pataches o...