Sunday, 9 March 2014

Definition Destroys


I am walking, I am sky walking. There are beautiful colours around me, pink mostly. Sometimes the softness in the atmosphere changes into wetness which after inhaling makes me happy and light. I am also holding an umbrella, it is black in colour. I open it and I am dragged backwards by the musical wind. I am laughing and loving the moment. With my flying umbrella, I spin and float here and there like a leaf. I always wanted to be a leaf, I am serene.



I read somewhere that ‘definition destroys’ and I think I believe in it. This is this and that is that has never worked for me, only feelings have. Defining simplifies things, yes it does, makes things understandable; then it also makes things complex and difficult to such an extent that gives rise to questions like why is there inequality everywhere and then people exclaim to a friend in a conversation ‘children still die in our country because of hunger’, adding later their concern about their Pussy who didn't drink milk that morning. To define is to confine; actually I don’t know but they rhyme perfectly. I just hate it, this definition thing, the most when dreams are analysed so as to reach a definition. Please, let’s keep dreams as a mystery for the mystery on our smiling face in the sleeping state continues.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this article so so so much....spl the lline' to define is to confine"...it seems as if someone has put my feelings and thoughts into words. I am awed. :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes think we all have so much in common and yet we are so different...it's amazing...we are all connected with the same golden thread yet we have the ability to be a SOUL.
    Maswal, thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

The Truth

Dragging oneself ahead, only because dragging backwards would be difficult and funny, doesn’t complete you. Following an invisible laz...